Friday, September 2, 2011

Bumpy roads and yet another talent show :)


Our trip to George's parent's village, near Kisumu, was an adventure! We woke up at 4:30 in the morning so we could leave by 5. The first hour and a half, the roads where smooth. After that, though, it got worse. Not only were the roads terrible after that but there was an exhaust leak that made me noxious. We stopped at this hotel to use the restroom and to eat breakfast, which the ladies packed bananas and yogurt. There was a lot of road construction going on in those areas so we had to take what is called a "diversion" we call it a "detour". Imagine pot holes all over the road and big "speed bumps" that are supposed to slow people down. Now imagine riding on this road crammed into a van with 11 other people :) crazy. 

We got to George's Village 6 hours later in one piece :). Simon, George's nephews, and I went exploring. We came to this little muddy creek and we skipped stones on it. We got back and and ate chapati, peanuts and drank tea. Little did I know, George's mother wanted to feed us, and I already had gorged myself on chapati. good stuff :) After we where done with dinner, Abba prayed for them they we were headed on are long journey home. On the way back we stopped at lake Victoria to get some fish. really good stuff! :) 

We made home again in one piece! 

that was all on Monday the 29th of August. On Tuesday we rested.

On Wednesday night, ate over at Simon's house. His family is definitely my favorite family, to be with, beside George's. After dinner Simon's dad Simon, told us his testimony and how he met Christ through a liver failure that was miraculously healed. After that I got to spend the night over at Simon's house. We had a camp fire out back and we drank stoneys (ginger soda) and tea. I brought my camera so they all wanted to sing a song or do a dance that I could record. Then we went into their living room and watched Lord of The Rings : Two Towers. I got up in the middle of the night with what felt like a stomach bug :(. Simon got up as well and he made me a cup of hot water to drink, which cured me amazingly :). I got up the next morning feeling a lot better. Simon made some mandozi and eggs. 

Thursday was just preparing for the children's talent show.

Today (Friday) was the children's talent show. The children had lots of fun thanks to the efforts of Yashana and the Kingdom Hikers. Then we got rained out and George picked us up. 

So that's about it. enjoying my time here a lot. Abba wants me to give my testimony on  Sunday so I'm preparing for that.

I'm going to miss it here, but I want to come back some time in the future :)

miss you guys,

Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment