Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Visit to Janet's and an Unexpected, Pleasant Surprise Visit


Yesterday(Wednesday) Simon, Gideon, Evelyn and I went to Janet's house. Janet has a very sweet heart. She told me that after her dad died she cried alot but no matter how much she cried it wouldn't bring back her dad. She said that she cried out to God and asked him to help them and fill in the gap so that she wouldn't just feel like a fatherless daughter. Since then she has been glowing. Actually to tell you the truth, I had known that Mary's husband had died but not that Janet was his daughter. Simon told me last monday when we went past the sight of the accident. He mentioned Janet's dad and I was like "that was Janet's dad! I had no idea, she showed no signs of depression when I got here so I would have never guessed, she has been taking it so well". So it came as a shock to me that she was the daughter who's dad died. I now look at her in a different way. Her mom is very kind and is a very Godly women. Her mom is the one who helped her through, when her dad died. 

Anyways, We went on a hike to this neat looking hill. Then we came back and hung out.

Today (Tuesday), Simon and I went into town and just hung out. Went to lunch and then ran into Lloyd's mom on the street. We went back with her to her work. She and another ladie, who is her teacher, run a fashion design school, and they make clothes. They wanted me to have them make a custom made shirt for 2000 shillings (around $20) if it wasn't Lloyd's mom I would have decline, but she is a very sweet women and I wanted to help her out. Then Simon and I met up with the others by the bank and I got a jacket from off the street. Then we went to pick up Christine, an elder lady in the church, to  go to her son's house. Had some chapati, liver stew, and coffee. (btw I hate liver but this was actually pretty good  ).

Then we went home for a couple minutes before we were headed off to Joshua's house. Joshua is a single guy who comes to George's church. I was thinking that we were just going to visit him at his house then leave. I hadn't expected what happened next. We were going driving on the road and there walking on the road was Joshua and another guy named John. We picked them up and headed to his house.  When we arrived we arrived an orphanage/school house. "orphanage?" I thought, "I thought we were visiting Joshua's house". We got out of the van and walked into this big building where about 200 children where sitting. They started singing and it was amazing! They had so much joy there. We all introduced ourselve then the workers introduced themselves. It was awesome. They are so much like a loving family here and they the workers here love God alot. I felt like I was home in the Village. Apperently, to everyones astonishment Joshua is a chef for these orphan here and no one, not even George knew. It was a good suprise. We talked about how we want to come back and do more with these children. They have a pretty neat system here, they said that they run a private school here on the property and they use the school fees, they charge from the kids who come to school from all over Nakuru and beyond, to support the orphans here, and they have a couple of organizations helping them out.

 Today was a great day 

George's name for me is "Opincho" which means "goofy boy" . I think it would fit him as well :P



If you want more details on our week so far go to Tara's blog :)


http://tara-livingchristslife.blogspot.com/


Thanks for your support and prayers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment