Thursday, September 8, 2011

Pastor's Conference & Bragging

Today we woke up early and went to the pastor's conference. At the conference, Abba talked about being a minister of God Word. The pastors loved every bit of it and asked lots of questions. After it was over they all gave a little about themselves. I got it all on video and am making a DVD of it.

Tonight Yashana made melt-in-your-mouth pork chops and fries! It was awesome!

Since I don't have much to blog about today, I'll tell you a bit of my thoughts on the other travelers.

All of them have played key part in this trip. So I wanted to say a couple things about them.


Abba - busy all day and night working on teachings for the pastor's conference, gatherings, bible studies, leader's meeting, and Kingdom Hiker meetings and still squeezes a enough time for me to come to him when I need to talk. Other than that, he been a true inspiration to me and I pray God will use me the same way he has used Abba. ( Oh and I've enjoyed fighting over the honey mustard and mayonnaise with him :) )


Amma - I know more about Amma from this trip than I have since I've moved to the Village. She has been fun to live with here. She has opened up to me some things that took place in her life. God has done a true work in her life and I'm glad I got be on this trip with her. She also has been an inspiration to me. Did I mention I like her laugh :)


Doug - Has been like a father figure here to me, while we've been on this trip. He has worked really hard on equipping the young people with skills they will need when entering the business world. Has been open to me when I talk to him. I also have learned more about Doug on this trip then ever before.Seeing him do all these thing and not wanting anything in return has led me to the conclusion that he love God very much.


Tara ("Jay Ma Liza" or "Are You Done Yet") - My prime target for torture! She has been a mother figure to me though she would also make a good sister, since me and her go back and forth on torturing each other :) Tara has been giving me "out of the blue" encouragements that have been very helpful and uplifting. Her comic relief is like none other. She has been a pleasure to have been on this trip with. She shared her story with me and I believe that God has also done a big work in her life. ( and every time I see her I say "guess what Tara?!" and she says "what Brandon!" in her hilarious sarcastic voice, and I say "your in Africa!" in my sarcastic voice and she just laughs). I'm not finished torturing her yet she has been giving me the best reactions ever! :D

And last but not least My favorite Yashana! - She has been a true joy to be with. Her hard work and determination for these people has been truly inspiring. From setting up a full scaled children's day to crocheting a cell bag for every lady she visits! Truly amazing women. She has the heart of a servant. I could go on all day about her but I will say one last thing She love Jesus Christ with a passion!





I've gained a life times worth of wisdom and knowledge from these five "mazungus". I believe God has put these men and women in my life on this journey to help me to grow in him. I will not come back the same person who left on this trip 6 1/2 weeks ago thanks to them. I'm grateful to God for them.

1 comment:

  1. Brandon - I LOVED this post!!! You make such a GREAT documentarian!!! And there is such a need for this! Can't wait to see you all! Love you dearly!

    ReplyDelete